Internships in United States: Global Career Launch
The HKAC partners with Cultural Vistas, an exchange NGO in New York, to organize summer internships for undergraduate students from Hong Kong and the mainland since 2007. From 2007 to 2015 we sent over 400 students to Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington DC for six to eight week internships in businesses and NGOs.
In 2015, we are happy to assist university students in preparing US internship visa. If participants were able to secure a placement which is relevant to what they have learned in school, we will assist in the process of visa application. In the process, students will also confidence and independence in the starting from the preparing and application process.
Features of the program are listed below:
- Students could work with the host and decide the working start date (internship during should not longer than 3 months but not shorter than 2 months).
- Students are required to arrange their own placement and housing.
- Placement should be relevant to student’s academic background or relevant experience.
- HKAC and Cultural Vistas will help students to arrange visa application when the placement is confirmed and valid.
- Cultural Vistas will provide local assistance to the students whenever is needed.
- Student Status: Applicants must be a registered full-time student attending an accredited university outside the United States at the time of application.
- Age: 20-26
- University Major: All specializations and majors are encouraged to apply.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have a strong working knowledge of English for use in professional work environments. Applicants are required to provide IELTS or TOFEL results to prove his/her English language capabilities.
- Passport/Visa: All applicants must hold a passport valid at least until March 2017.
- If you want to start the placement in May, please confirm your placement and submit your application by January.
- If you want to start the placement in June, please confirm your placement and submit your application by February.
- Please send an email to Ms. Ginny Tam at email@example.com when your placement is confirmed. Ms. Tam will assist you in application process.
- Around HK$17,590 (for 2-3 months internship). The actual cost subjects to the duration of the internship.
- The fee only includes placement verification and visa application. Air-tickets, housing and other local transportation shall be arranged by the participants.
Students are expected to secure their own placement as soon as possible and submit the application by January 2016.
You are strongly recommended to talk to Ms Ginny Tam before you submit the application. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application procedure will be provided through email.