Fulbright-RGC Research Scholar Program
The Fulbright-RGC Hong Kong Program announces the 2019-2020 awards for senior scholars and advanced post-graduate students of HK universities to conduct research in the US.
Please refer to the attached poster for more information. Or you may visit the following website for the FAQs (frequently asked questions) and application form:
- Fulbright Program
- Fulbright Hong Kong Award 2019-2020 (PDF 277 KB)
Fulbright-RGC HK Senior Research Scholar Award Program
Two awards will be on offer each year for faculty members to spend 4-10 months as Fulbright visiting scholars affiliated with American universities and research institutes. The basic award for a 10-month grant is HK$350,000. A supplementary award of up to HK$150,000 is available for research expenses in justified cases. This award may be used in combination with sabbatical leave or other awards.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Hong Kong. American citizens and permanent residents are not eligible.
- Applicants must possess a doctorate or equivalent professional qualification. This may be from an American university.
- Applicants should not have had recent extensive experience in the United States, i.e. more than a six-month continuous sojourn within the last five years.
- Applicants must be full-time academic staff of UGC-funded institutions and residents of Hong Kong at the time of application. They must have served in an academic capacity in Hong Kong for at least the previous three years.
- Applicants should have strong English language proficiency, and good health.
- The academic disciplines eligible for this fellowship program are: anthropology, architecture / urban planning, area studies, art, art history, business, cinema studies, communication, cultural studies, creative writing, economics, education, gender studies, geography, history, law, linguistics, literature, music, philosophy, political science, psychology, public administration, religious studies, sociology, social work, and theatre or dance.
Fulbright-RGC HK Research Scholar Award Program
Applicants must be permanent residents of HKSAR or Chinese citizens, who are currently enrolled in PhD programs at UGC-funded institutions in HK. They must have completed at least two years of advanced coursework in HK prior to their planned departure for the US. All academic fields are eligible.
The awards will provide US$1,600 per month, which may be augmented by studentship funds provided by the HK universities for post-graduate students. The awards range from 6-10 months.
For both programs, sojourns in the US can begin on or after September 1, 2019.
If you or your PhD students are interested in the program, please contact Ms. Pauline Lau of the Hong Kong America Center at email: email@example.com.