Be an Intern in Asia’s Global City: Hong Kong Internship Program
Hong Kong offers unique opportunities for university students from the USA to intern in a wide variety of businesses and NGOs, all of which have long-term China connections.
Summer internships are available in the following fields:
- Branding and Marketing
- Business Consulting
- Communication and Journalism
- Property Management (Commercial and Residential)
- Human Resources
- Social Enterprise
- Technical position in STEM Fields
- Service Centers for Ethnic Minorities in Hong Kong
- Other fields upon request
Eligibility: Students must have completed at least 60 credit hours and have a minimum 3.0 GPA
Application Deadline: Students must apply through the HKAC: firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2020.
The Application: includes a cover letter, a personal statement, a detailed resume, and a college transcript (official or unofficial).
Internship Placement: The HKAC will explore placements according to each student’s academic background, skill level, and learning objectives.
Placement Deadline: The HKAC will confirm internship placements before April 7, 2020.
Internship Start and End Dates (Hong Kong Time): Friday, June 12, 2020 – Saturday, August 1, 2020 (7 Weeks)
Work Permit/Visa: HKIP interns will enter Hong Kong under a special training visa secured by HKAC.
Cost of Program fee: US$ 5290, which includes:
- Internship Placement in Hong Kong Host Organization
- Work Permit and Visa Application Fee and Services
- Accommodation on a university campus (Shared Occupancy)
- Orientation to Hong Kong
- Macau Day Trip and Weekend Hong Kong Field Trips/Cultural Activities
- Welcome Meal and Farewell Dinner
- Assessment of learning experience
- 24/7 Support Service
- Program Fee DOES NOT include Airfare and Insurance, etc.
- This is an unpaid internship program
Liaison with the home universities in the US: HKAC works with American colleges, associations, and organizations to facilitate internship placement in Hong Kong for the students.
Pay 50% of Total Program Fee by March 13, 2020
Pay 100% of Total Program Fee by May 15, 2020
Cancellation Fee Schedule:
50% of Total Program Fee: On or before April 17, 2020
100% of Total Program Fee: On or before May 15, 2020
If you are from HK and would like to apply for a J1 Visa to the USA, please be in touch with Pauline Lau (email@example.com).
 Key Information on 2017 Internship in the United States for University Students of Hong Kong Program
 Download the Student Information form
 Internship Offers
 2017 HKETO Internship Program
 2018 U.S.A. Internship Images